with the Coraya Divers
Water and air, the two crucial elements for life on earth, turned into global trash cans
Very slowly, but- finally – mankind understood sustainable environment protection is not just a task for the big polluting entities, but it is a task for ALL OF US…. EVERY DAY!
Also, we as divers can contribute to the protection of our reefs and oceans and reduce the impact to a minimum.
That’s why we – Coraya Divers – have decided to put the idea of environment protection into the focus of our daily work and integrate it into our actions.
PLEASE kindly support us in these efforts!
Here are some hints for our diving customers
- be attentive: report to your dive center any environment violation you have observed
- avoid trash: (also during your vacation) Collect rubbish during your dives wherever possible
- behave under water: more knowledge about the marine life allows you to adapt better to it
(grab the opportunity to increase your knowledge)
- Mind your buoyancy and don’t forget: Your legs became much longer with the fins!
- Avoid sun lotion, better wear our UV protection shirt
- Mind our limited resources = your water consumption. We live in the desert here: Sea water must be desalinated, and it is expensive…
- Avoid the use of ‚one way’ plastic items wherever you can!
Bitte folge diesem Link um an weitere wichtige Informationen zu gelangen.
And what are Coraya Divers doing on site?
- We offer aluminium water bottles to refill for free in all our dive centers
- We offer Cotton bags instead of plastic bags
- We organise beach and dive site clean-up days
- We bought 4 stroke outboard engines for our speed boats (instead of the smelly 2 stroke engines)
- We installed ropes to prevent guests from getting too close to the reefs (on land and in the sea)
- We conduct regular reef checks of our dive sites
- We organise dolphin tours which respect their habitat and needs
- We offer Marine Life Biology courses from SSI
- We provide busses to bring our staff to work and back home
- We conduct regular trainings in environmental aspects for our staff
- We operate low noise compressors with the highest energy efficiency label
- We installed energy saving light bulbs all over the dive center
We are co-operating closely with the following organisations:
- HEPCA (Hurghada Environment Protection and Conservation Agency)
- Ministry of Tourism
- Scuba Schools International
- Mission Deep Blue
- Dolphin Watch Alliance
- Turtle Watch
- Marine biologist Barney Seier